AWDF Call for Proposals: Leading from the South 4 (Africa and the Middle East)
- Deadline: 2019-06-17
- Amount: Amount varies
- Organization: African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF)
- Focus Areas: Women, women's rights, human rights
African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is seeking proposals for grants from all eligible women-led and women’s rights groups and organisations in Africa and the Middle East under Leading From the South.
LFS (Leading from the South) is a funding initiative designed and managed by AWDF and three other women’s rights organisations: Women’s Fund Asia, Fondo de Mujeres del Sur and Indigenous Women’s Fund (FIMI).
Under this initiative, AWDF aims to scale up its grantmaking and advocacy initiatives to promote women’s rights, amplify their voices, increase economic opportunities and improve access to spaces of decision-making.
Grants will be awarded in the range of US$20,000 to US$ 500,000 a year, in line with the following three categories:
- Yalla grants
- Size: US$20,000 to US$50,000 a year for up to 1 year.
- Ananse grants
- Size: US$51,000 to US$199,000 a year for up to 1 year.
- Pamoja grants
- Size: US$200,000 to US$500,000 a year for up to 1 year.