This campaign has ended on 01-09-2018
Campaign by: SunBox
Gaza has a serious energy crisis. Sunbox is a solar energy company that designed a solar energy system that provides families in Gaza with almost all their energy needs.
- Gaza’s energy crisis endangers the Gaza Strip’s very existence.
- The energy crisis has devastated health care facilities, education, water, sanitation and agriculture. Multiple sectors of the economy have come to a screeching halt.
- The people of Gaza have suffered the neglect of key actors in their welfare.
- Without the local entrepreneurs and activists taking action, Gaza is at the mercy of extreme poverty.
- Already, nearly 60% of Gaza lives below the poverty line.
- Gaza only receives maybe 3 hours of unpredictable, inconsistent electricity access from the grid a day.
SunBox is an affordable smart solar kit that goes for just 350 USD, it is self-installable and can also be used as either an on or off-grid system. With the solar kit, families are able to tap into a reusable energy source needed to power the simple necessities of life, from lights, to small fridges, to helping families remain connected with the digital world and up to date with current events via the internet.
Sunbox is a startups from Gaza that provide affordable solar system solutions. SunBox solar kit provides three hours of electricity per day at 1kWh. The SunBox system is designed to be connected and charged on solar energy and features two outputs with 220VAC to run AC loads, as well as a 100AH gel battery and smart battery management, and 5 USB, 9V and 220 V sockets.